Story topic and angle:
Asian students are an important part of Australian higher education and a bridge of cultural exchange between Australia and other countries. However, in recent years, Asian students in Australia have increasingly experienced various forms of discrimination and unfair treatment, including verbal abuse, physical attacks and harassment on social media. At the same time, on a global scale, Asian students also face discrimination and injustice from different cultural, racial and ethnic backgrounds.
I will explore the feature story of discrimination against Asian students in Australia and Asian students in other countries from several aspects.
- Reasons for discrimination: Explore the root causes and causes of discrimination against Asian students, including cultural differences, racial discrimination and problems left over from history.
- Forms of discrimination: Analyze the specific forms suffered by Asian students in Australia and other countries, including verbal attacks, physical injuries, employment and housing discrimination, etc.
- Response to discrimination: Explore measures and policies adopted by governments and schools in Australia and other countries to address discrimination against Asian students.
- Solutions: Put forward feasible solutions, including strengthening the formulation and enforcement of anti-discrimination laws and regulations, strengthening educational and cultural exchanges, strengthening community solidarity and dialogue, and improving the self-protection ability of Asian students.
My interviewees are a graduate student in Australia and another former undergraduate student in Canada who is now a graduate student in Australia. They will talk about discrimination in different countries on their own terms.
Impact: Asian students form an important part of Australian higher education and serve as a bridge of cultural exchange between Australia and other countries.
Timeliness: These events can happen every day
Proximity: These events can happen to any of us.
-Dan: It’s about the Conflict between two ethnic groups
This is related to the legal interests, personal rights and interests of Asians in various countries.
Publication and target audience:
I will publish this story on ABC news, the biggest news company in Australia. The Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) : The ABC is Australia’s widely acclaimed public broadcaster with a wide range of television, radio, online news and music services that reach all parts of the country. A story on ABC news is most likely to get widespread attention when the story is resolved.
- Undergraduate students in China who come to Australia for postgraduate study
- Students who studied in Canada and came to Australia for graduate study
- Undergraduate students who studied in New Zealand and came to Australia for postgraduate study.
Multimedia, hypertext and interactivity
Multimedia: Insert some photos or screenshots of Asian students being discriminated against to add credibility to the article
Interactivity: Social media Links to related social media pages or hashtags that allow readers to join in on the topic and allow fellow students to post their own stories.
I will include some hyperlinks in this story to other stories about discrimination against Asian students. Let the reader can understand the current situation from more other angles.